Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Word!!

Yesterday Asif and I sat watching documentary after documentary on TV (talk about lifeless); We saw one about terrorism in Pakistan, another about the Inca Trail. (Suk, I get it. I think I want to experience this world of The Lost Gods).

I just sat on our comfortable camel coloured sofa, half-watching, sort of listening and thinking. Despite knowing my love for watching commercials, Asif began channel surfing during the breaks. We stopped for a few seconds on channel 34 -TLC and one word had me hooked. The single word "Portugal" changed everything that evening. My body language changed from kinda listening, a little disinterested and spacy to attentive, excited and happy! I never imagined watching a documentary about the pilgrims who come to Fatima would be a cause of such excitement for me. Here I was, on a Wednesday night at 11:45pm, willingly learning about Christian doctrines simply because it was set in Portugal.

Now, I need to figure out why I am so obsessed with this country that - really, is not too obsessed with me!

No comments: