Sunday, October 22, 2006

Useless Services

Asif came home yesterday quite excited about a service he had found out about - Google Text. Apparently, you can text Google a word and Google instantly texts you back with information about the chosen word. So Asif texted with word Manchester United to Google and Google texted back "They are the best" and "Beat Liverpool 2 - 0". Yes, I have to admit - I was excited about the wisdom of this device but nonetheless, what is the use of this service, which I have to add, you have to pay for? If I want to find out about the Man U game, I can just get onto the computer and find the information I need.
Asif's reaction to that was, "What if you are in the car?"
Okay, if I am in the car, I will wait till I get home and then get on the computer!"

So Asif continues to convince me.

"What if you need a number?"
"You dial 411!"
"What if you need an address?"
"I am sure Google does not provide such information" I responded. So we tried it.

We typed in the name of my school and sent it to Google and Google was unable to find the information! What a shocker!!

So seriously, apart from the instant gratification of you are receiving a text you paid for, what is the need for this service??

Should you feel the need to waste some money, the number is "46645". This new 5 digit number is changing lives, one text at a time - RIGHHHHT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it didnt say that man u is the best , U LIAR !! ...

Fatema Fazal said...

Asif, it did say Man U was the best - in not so many words! You have to have the ability to read between the lines!!

Anonymous said...

I tried the google text out... its the coolest thing ever. I see the use for it.. If you are in the car, and you need directions, you can text the postal codes or area to and from, and it gives you step by step directions. Try it out. You can go to http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/sms/ and put your query in ther, to see what the google sms is capable of. It can also give u conversions from one unit to another, stock quotes, weather etc.

Anonymous said...

Thanks minaz ...

A.S

ps. whose the dude with the looser comments .... could it be the one and only Phonz !!!

Anonymous said...

The question i have for you is who is this phonz