Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Celebrating History



This month, let us celebrate history - it is Black History Month.

Monday, January 15th marked Martin Luther King Day. Martin Luther King, along with individuals like Rosa Parks and Ruby Bridges helped to change the face of racism.

One of the special books I read on this day is "Martin's Big Words". This book really has the power to move me - almost to tears (tears are rare for me). It introduces people to words important to the revolution - words like FREEDOM, PEACE, LOVE, KINDNESS and JOY!

I would like to wish all those who have dealt with some sort of racism - joy and peace!

Who knows? Maybe one day we will have Islamic History Month and we will celebrate history through individuals like you who have taken daily strides to promote peace and joy.



Maybe one of these guys??!!

With Love...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a blogee to a blogger... I was wondering if there is a reason why you end some blogs 'With Love' and not others?

Fatema Fazal said...

Anoymous blogee - my reason is simple. It depends on my mood - I was in a "whistling" kinda mood today so....