Sunday, July 30, 2006

Was it a dream?

Today I arrived back to London from the best experience of my life. As I said goodbye to my new found friends at the airport, my eyes welled with tears. I still cannot believe the trip I have planned all my life has come to an end. "Was it a dream?" I continue to ask myself, but I know it isn’t! I have photographs to prove it!

When booking the trip, I had decided this trip was a one shot deal - go away once on my own, learn to make friends, build some confidence and come back home - new and revived. However, upon entering Gatwick this Sunday afternoon, a new hunger has consumed me - A hunger to travel, to see everything I can see, to find new joys such as eating Churros Con Chocolata in the Plaza de Majora or singing HOLIDAY at a Karaoke place.

I have learned so much from meeting and conversing with people from different walks of life. I don't know if I would do another tour because I am afraid it will never be the same but I hope to feed this new hunger for as long as I can.

Today, I read Luis's blog (my adopted tour director) and as usual, I was inspired. He had posted verses of Shakespeare. I don't remember all the verses, but one hit home - "Time flies for those that fear". I have lived my whole life fearing. Fearing to colour my hair, fearing to make an attempt to look good, fearing to walk into Kaniz aunty's kitchen because of a damn kasuku (parrot)! I don't want to be terrorized by the kasuku anymore! I want time to be eternal and according to Luis's translation of Shakespeare, time is eternal for people that love - a fearless, passionate love for life and all it has to offer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its good u had a good time.I am very happy for u. As shehnaaz says that she will go with u next time and the dads will take care of the children, i think I am going to join u and let dad take care of his children and grand children