Saturday, February 03, 2007

What's Wrong With NOW??

It is Saturday, the first official day of the Women's Spiritual uplifting camp and I found myself awake at 5:45am!!
Anyway, an hour and a little later, a prayer and a ziyaraat later, a giggle and some chatter later, I am sitting on my bed thinking on yesterday's session. We began to embark on a journey to "wake up" our souls. We discussed that the soul can be either:

dead or alive
asleep or awake
ill or healthy

To understand our souls, we first need to wake it up. Perhaps most of our souls are in deep slumber. However, I found myself thinking - I think my soul is stirring, trying to awake, but I keep hitting the snooze button - hoping if I snooze for long enough, I wont have to wake up!

I loved the question it we ended with - "What is wrong with NOW?" Good question!!!

Why not wake up now?
Why dwell on the past?
Why worry on the future - which changes at every stroke??

Now is the time to wake up and do something - for your community, for Allah, for YOUR soul!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you're having fun and that the retreat vaccine didnt hurt too much :)