Thursday, November 16, 2006

Report Card Fever

I got the fever - and I am burning up! Report cards got me down. For the last week, I have spent the majority of my time either marking, drafting comments or on the computer trying to input all my information!

The worst part of this is the reports are now web based! In theory, it is a good thing - but like all theories, it doesn't really follow through into real life! With the huge volume of teachers logging in to write their report cards, there are huge delays, many error messages and the worst of all - the freeze that results in a huge loss of inputted data!

What a waste of time! While it should take a few moments to write a comment, it takes hours! What a waste of time!

Since my head is throbbing and the system is down - AGAIN - I am heading out!

And for all those who think teaching is easy because of the summers - I challenge you to survive one report card season and then talk to me!

No comments: