Monday, January 14, 2008

The Month Upon Us

Muharram is upon us. In this month, Shiite muslims mourn the death of their third Imam, Imam Hussein and his family. Muslims reflect on the character of Imam Hussein and his companions, drawing inspiration from them in an effort to gain spirituality.

As most of you know, I am not much of a mosquer - however this does not translate in not caring. It simply means I find other ways of connecting especially in this month. After giving it much thought, I decided - if I learned something new each day and tried to change one thing in my life in this month, I would have succeeded in this month. I want to share my learing with you all.

My Learning

1. Ways to make a house a home:

FOR A WIFE
- Be a good cook
- Do not be a demanding wife
- Be cautious with money

FOR A HUSBAND
- Be generous with money
- ...

hmm.. cant understand why I only remember one thing for the husband to do. I am sure there was more

Till the morrow, reflect on these points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fatu Bai,
I am glad you are back.
Waiting to read more in the future
Anis